Once you have a question to study it is time to gather the information you will need to make a convincing argument. These are some of the suggested tools you may use to gather information:
**Do not use Google or Wikipedia for your whole paper. Wikipedia and Google both access articles that anyone can write. Some of those articles and fantastic and others are horrible. You always have to be skeptical when looking at these sources. However, they are very fast and easy to use and can be helpful in learning introductory information about your topic.
Questions to address when gathering information:
- Where will you look for reliable information? (i.e. library catalog, online databases, search engines, experts, etc)
- What keywords will you use?
- What are the best sources? How do I know? (use this link for CRAAP!)
- How will you record what you find? (i.e. notebook, index cards, word processing, images, audio or video recording, etc)
- How will you cite your sources?