Black Lives Matter (2013)
Black Lives Matter is an activist movement, originating from a Facebook post, that campaigns against racial inequality, police brutality and gun violence toward African Americans. (NY Times)
- The New Yorker An examination of the movement’s origin from the perspectives of its constituents
- Washington Post A 1960’s Civil Rights activist perspective on the Black Lives Matter Movement
- Wellesley Research Guides offers a page of various resources relating to the Black Lives Matter Movement
- Washington Post Video of speech from Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, speaking at the Women’s March in Washington DC
- New York Magazine Q & A with Sybrina Fulton about the Black Lives movement, racial injustice, gun violence, and forgiveness for the loss of her son. Trayvon Martin
- NPR Controversy surrounding media and race relations in contemporary United States.
- Mothers of the Movement Interviews and images of mothers whose children have died from gun violence and their support for 2016 presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton.
- Time Magazine A look at photography and how it’s shaped the civil rights and Black Lives Matter movements
- New York Times article about the Superhero photo of the Black Lives Matter movement
- ABC News offers a collection of photographs and videos relating to the Black Lives movement